Order Cheques Online
Order Canadian Cheques
Did you know it’s completely legal to order cheques online in Canada? And from someone other than your bank? It’s true – you can order Canadian cheques from any private company online, so long as they comply with the Canadian Payments Association’s (CPA) requirements. Individuals and businesses have trusted Cheque Print for over 20 years – well before the era of online cheque ordering. The internet has made the Canadian cheque ordering (and re-ordering) process much easier and faster, so you can get the exact product you need when you need it. Though some people think cheques are an out-dated payment method, many Canadian businesses actually prefer using them due to their accounting software integration, simpler auditing and reconciliation processes, easier cancellations or stop payments, and small delay in payment processing. Hidden security features also make them much more secure than most realize.
Read more about our cheque security features >
Ordering Cheques in Canada vs. the USA
Although standard formatting updates have made the American cheque similar in style to its Canadian counterpart, there are a few key differences between them:
- The Canadian version has a different account numbering system on the bottom due to our different bank account numbering structure
- The US version has fractional routing and transit numbers on the top of the cheque to better differentiate between bank branches
- The US version sometimes uses a special numbering algorithm to help prevent cheque fraud
- The US version never uses holograms – this is a non-necessary Canadian advent due to the prevalence of holograms on our currency
- US banks typically charge less for their cheque products and related processing fees because there is more competition among private banking. This is why it’s better to order cheques in Canada online, as you are supporting local businesses instead of big banks, and will get a lot better service too.
See our selection of Business Cheques >
Canadian Cheque Order Standards
Cheque Print complies with the very strict standards issued by the CPA. These include a number of cheque ordering and manufacturing regulations, but are generally focused in two key areas:
- Magnetic Image Character Recognition (MICR) Encoding – the standard sequence of numbers at the bottom of a cheque
- These numbers must be printed in special magnetic ink, with a specific font, size and format. This is because automatic reader machines use metallic reactions to read the cheque.
Pro Tip: When writing a cheque, it’s important not to make any marks in this area.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) imaging – the overall layout and formatting of a cheque
- The placement of certain data must be in specific places so machines can read it.
Pro Tip: When writing a cheque, it’s important to print clearly and not have any numeric digits in the long-form amount line.
Need more specific information before submitting your cheque order? Contact us today >
Ordering cheques from Cheque Print Canada was quick and easy and definItely better value for money than my own bank.– Jayne Ryan