The style of cheque needed depends mainly on the purpose; are you giving a birthday present, paying off an invoice, or, are you completing your weekly payroll. Once this is determined, the cheque styles are as follows:
- Personal Cheques – Handwritten and ideal for presents, rent or other common items.
- Manual Cheques – Used by smaller businesses with less usage, to pay off monthly expenses, payroll and invoices
- Business Cheques – Used by small to medium sized business, with more usage, to pay off expenses, payroll, invoices and any other items requiring fast, secure and timely payment.
Necessary, Convenient & More Secure Than Ever
Canada has the most efficient way of depositing cheques, which makes cheques a large player in Canadian business every year. When people think cheques, they often only think handwritten personal cheques, but that is not the case. There are multiple kinds of cheques that all consist of different purposes, layouts, and styles.
Once you know which cheque you will need to get the job done, the next step is to determine the layout. The layout is especially important when it comes to business cheques, as these will be placed through your accounting software and run through your personal printer – talk about having perfect alignment! Lucky for you, we are certified in multiple accounting software’s, allowing us to line up the cheque perfectly to your desired software. If by chance we have not used your layout frequently, we will work with you to develop the perfect alignment – all for FREE.
For laser/inkjet cheques, you can pick from our software compatible options, that include:
If you are using a specific accounting software, you can pick from these options:
- Cheque on Top – Example: Xero, Simply & QuickBooks;
- Cheque in Middle; and
- Cheque on Bottom – Example: JV Nexus.
Of course, you always have the option of going with a fully-customized cheque that can include full colour, printing on the cheque stubs and whole lot more. Explore our options for custom cheques >
Now that you know more about the differences of cheques, and what the most common layouts are, talk to one of our cheque specialists today and start your FREE proof – you will be glad you did.
Written by Grace – Cheque Specialist